Thursday, February 12, 2009

We are at the Olympics!!!

The 2009 World Winter Special Olympics came to Boise Idaho this year. We were so happy when Grandma and Grandpa Ashby called and invited us to go see the figure skaters. Because it was early in the day while everyone was still at work, there werent many people at the event, so we got to sit front and center to watch. Claire really enjoyed it. The olympians were so friendly and just happy to be competing. I wish all sporting events made you feeling this happy when you left.

This is Claire with the Olympic mascot. I think his name is Morley.

The kids with Grandma & Grandpa.


Lauren and mom.

Claire thought it was so cool. She likes to pretend ice skate at home, so when she saw the real thing she was all smiles.
Here is the couple from china. We were a little dissapointed when the ice skaters didn't skate to music but it was still fun to watch. Afterwards people threw flowers and bears on the ice for them to pick up and keep. I wish we would have bought something so claire could have thown it to them. They did a good job.
Claire gave them a standing ovation.
If you want to see something you wont soon forget, come to Idaho and support these Olympians. It is so touching and you will leave a better person.

4 comments:

The Trumans said...

Awesome!!! That looks like tons of fun. I love seeing pics of your two cute girlies..claires smile in that one makes me laugh. And little lauren...*SIGH* I miss that little sweetie pie. I need your phone number so I can call you..you fell off my callerid list..email me. LOL...miss you
Karrie

Em and Ms said...

That's so awesome. What a great experience! By the way, we got your Valentine card today and it is ADORABLE!! Thanks for including us :)

Anonymous said...

how fun. those two girls are so, so adorable.

Kelsey said...

Thanks for the Valentine Card it's so cute. You did such a great job! Did you take the pictures for them?

Claire looks stoked!
Cute mama & baby!